introductory post

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Trappers

introductory post

Post by Trappers » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi All.
I foolishly had a go on a friend's MT500 last week and now find myself off to purchase one tomorrow. I obviously don't actually need one in my life but after convincing my wife it's an investment followed up by a few 'we're a long time dead', 'if i don't do it now I never will' phrases here I am. Anyway, great to see a club with lots of support as I feel I may be in need of some
Looking forward to some new adventures on this great looking machine!!!!
Pete.
(Trappers)
2 x

Wirralman

Re: introductory post

Post by Wirralman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Welcome to the forum

Have a look in the General section, half a dozen posts from the start there's a post Initial Servicing Guide.

Some ignore it and ride until their MT breaks then fix it. If their bike had been looked after it will run for ages, no bother. If their bike had been poorly maintained, they rely on the RAC to get home. The choice is yours.
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:01 am

Welcome to the forum Pete,

You'll be pleased to hear one purchase of an MT usually leads to another MT purchase!

Merry Christmas!

Gary
Sportax Racing
01952 850802
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

MTBrown

Post by MTBrown » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Trappers wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:33 pm
Hi All.
I foolishly had a go on a friend's MT500 last week and now find myself off to purchase one tomorrow. I obviously don't actually need one in my life but after convincing my wife it's an investment followed up by a few 'we're a long time dead', 'if i don't do it now I never will' phrases here I am.
I used that excuse for each of my MT's and am hoping to use it again in the near future to buy another bike that I don't need ;) ;)
0 x

hounddog
Global Moderator

Post by hounddog » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:30 am

Everybody needs an MT in their life ! Welcome to the forum
0 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

Derrick
Global Moderator

Post by Derrick » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Welcome Pete.

Your Christmas has come early this year :)

The two I bought were an investment, but did not know it at the time. I got them both unregistered a few years ago, so do remind the wife about the investment every so often.
0 x
1997 HD MT350
2002 Honda Pan European 1300
2015 Honda CB500F