Bike rack for MT

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
Bandit09

Bike rack for MT

Post by Bandit09 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi guys.
If possible I'd like to get a rack fitted to my motorhome to transport the MT. I'm not sure of the weight, it's a 350? Can this be done, or is it too heavy and therefore needs a trailer? If so what's the best rack to go for. Any help welcome. Cheers.
0 x

Wirralman

Re: Bike rack for MT

Post by Wirralman » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:30 pm

I suggest that you download (free) the manuals to establish the MTs weight. Whether you can fit it on your vehicle really depends on its capacity. From memory people have done the sums on their vehicles and concluded that MTs are too heavy for a rear rack and a trailer is the only viable option. That said you might easily have a huge motor home able to cope
0 x

Peter

Post by Peter » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Mentioning this as it might be of interest to you (not recommending for your specific requirements), some time back on a well known auction site there was a listing for a front mounted carrier, I saved details at the time in a screenshot which if I've shared correctly you should be able to see at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fzpi91j5anqe ... e.jpg?dl=0
0 x
/Peter

HD MT350e 1996

lardmarc

Post by lardmarc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:08 pm

That's a Dave Cooper Senior Motorcycle Rack, fits big wheel 85cc up to 600cc dirt bikes. (Max 130kg)

Suitable for trials, motocross, enduro, grass track, speed way and small road bikes.

He's just painted it green.

It'll bend with an MT on it if you go over a bump.
1 x
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” (Adams, 2009).