Chain and sprockets for a Harris Matchless?

Force Motorcycles

Re: Chain and sprockets for a Harris Matchless?

Post by Force Motorcycles » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Joe Stokes wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm
Thanks for all the feedback, if I brought a chain and sprocket set from Force (front 18T rear 47T) I would need a chain with 104 links, do you supply these? as 102 is standard for the MT500 I think. Also do they come with a split link or soft rivet? I find split links more suitable for my needs.

Joe
Hi Joe,

The kit will come with 18t sprocket at no extra charge. Chain comes with spring link and soft rivet-able link so you can choose which one you want.

We can supply this with 104 link chain at no extra charge. Obviously front tab washer comes with it as well.

Regards,

Force
1 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

:arrow: Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!

Fergie

Post by Fergie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Yes,

The rear sprocket from an MT500 fits the Harris Matchless. I've just tried it.

John
1 x

Joe Stokes

Post by Joe Stokes » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:56 am

A quick update
I have now fitted a new chain and sprockets to the Matchless, it took me about an hour to fit them yesterday. I went for 18T front and 47T rear and took it for a little ride last night to see how it performed. It now pulls well in all gears and 50mph in top is about 4,000 rpm, I didn't try to go over 60mph as rain stopped play and I discovered that aquaplaning on two wheels although exciting is not recommended. The guy I brought the bile from said that it had two new tyres and a new timing belt fitted, what he failed to mention is that they were fitted in 2012 and the bike has not really been used since then. I have brought a new timing belt and am ordering new tyres today.

Joe
0 x