The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Moderator: Event Co-ordinator

User avatar
Franc
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm
Location: Forest of Dean

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by Franc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:48 pm

Definitely up for this. :D
0 x

geoffbarnett
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:01 am
Location: Keyham Leicestershire

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by geoffbarnett » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:47 am

Riding the local green lanes on Saturday 23/4/16.

I have arranged for a fellow TRF member to lead us around on the above date.

We can't have a massive group trailing behind him - I'd say 10 at max + leader (and this is in excess of TRF recommendations of 6/7 at max + leader).

Therefore if interested get your name down quick on Bunker's confirmed green lane list.

Names not yet on that list who have expressed an interest are Shiney, Mad Stu and Franc (I think).
0 x

User avatar
Bunker
Site Admin
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:42 pm
Location: Newbury, Berkshire

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by Bunker » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:41 pm

geoffbarnett wrote:Riding the local green lanes on Saturday 23/4/16.

I have arranged for a fellow TRF member to lead us around on the above date.

We can't have a massive group trailing behind him - I'd say 10 at max + leader (and this is in excess of TRF recommendations of 6/7 at max + leader).

Therefore if interested get your name down quick on Bunker's confirmed green lane list.

Names not yet on that list who have expressed an interest are Shiney, Mad Stu and Franc (I think).
Geoff thats very good of you mate thank you.
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project


You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

User avatar
Franc
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm
Location: Forest of Dean

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by Franc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:45 pm

Bunker wrote:
geoffbarnett wrote:Riding the local green lanes on Saturday 23/4/16.

I have arranged for a fellow TRF member to lead us around on the above date.

We can't have a massive group trailing behind him - I'd say 10 at max + leader (and this is in excess of TRF recommendations of 6/7 at max + leader).

Therefore if interested get your name down quick on Bunker's confirmed green lane list.

Names not yet on that list who have expressed an interest are Shiney, Mad Stu and Franc (I think).
Geoff thats very good of you mate thank you.
Can't find the list to put my name down, but I'm more interested in the lanes than going to the wall, or an over priced flee market. ;)
0 x

User avatar
Bunker
Site Admin
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:42 pm
Location: Newbury, Berkshire

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by Bunker » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:21 pm

Franc wrote:
Bunker wrote:
geoffbarnett wrote:Riding the local green lanes on Saturday 23/4/16.

I have arranged for a fellow TRF member to lead us around on the above date.

We can't have a massive group trailing behind him - I'd say 10 at max + leader (and this is in excess of TRF recommendations of 6/7 at max + leader).

Therefore if interested get your name down quick on Bunker's confirmed green lane list.

Names not yet on that list who have expressed an interest are Shiney, Mad Stu and Franc (I think).
Geoff thats very good of you mate thank you.
Can't find the list to put my name down, but I'm more interested in the lanes than going to the wall, or an over priced flee market. ;)
At the very top of the Club Events page
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project


You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

User avatar
StackerMel
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: Barnsley
Contact:

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by StackerMel » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:12 am

I went for a recce this weekend, the sun was shining on the Saturday and it is cracking little spot. The facilities are not the best but there are functioning toilets. There is a ton of room at the back of the pub, so space will not be an issue. We are going to set up an admin area at a small area on the right hand side of the pub, this should keep the noise away from the sleeping area and give us all somewhere to hang out and be sociable, its both close to the pub and toilets.

Can I ask that if any one gets there early, go to the back of the pub, leave the bit to the right free.

The pub itself is an oldie world job, it has guest ales. It does have a pool table and dart board.

The pub is located in a really nice spot, very rural, the nearest garage and shop etc is miles away, please keep that in mind.

There has been a lot of rain over the last few weeks, although the Sun has been booked for the big meet. This is a small issue on the entry/exit of the field, its a bit boggy, hopefully it will dry a bit but van owners beware, chains might be a good idea. Make sure you have a puck for your bike or a bit of wood. On the plus side tent pegs will not be an issue.

Do not forget if you are going to the Staffs show you should order your tickets on line before its too late.

All in all it should be a great weekend, if you have not signed up yet please to it ASAP.

See you all there

Mel
0 x
HD MT604e-Kochanski
HD MT350- Kryten- rough and ready
MT500 - Cat
MT500 - Lister
Can-Am Bombardier 250

geoffbarnett
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:01 am
Location: Keyham Leicestershire

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by geoffbarnett » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:20 am

Thanks to Mel's recce we know that fuel is miles away.

Therefore, all who are on the list for greenlaning please ensure that you arrive fuelled up, ready for a day's riding departing at 10 am on Saturday.

Max, the local TRF guy whom I arranged to lead us (I don't know him), is doing us a big favour.

Hence I'll be collecting some pennies from you all to express our gratitude. I think £25 is appropriate, so £2.50 each. Let's buy him his lunch as well. Lunch will be at a biker's pub that he knows.

Max hasn't asked for this nor does he know about it.
0 x

User avatar
Derrick
Global Moderator
Posts: 2591
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Leighton Buzzard

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by Derrick » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:12 pm

Thanks for the recce Mel.

I'm hoping to arrive about mid-day, and meet chisler with the Marquee. If you expect to be later, can you let me know where the big tent should go, so we don't need to move it later !
0 x
1997 HD MT350
2002 Honda Pan European 1300
2015 Honda CB500F

User avatar
Blitz
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: Rotherham

Re: The BIG Meet 2016??

Post by Blitz » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:08 pm

StackerMel wrote:
Andi_Archer wrote:Having to flick through several pages is getting me confused can you please confirm date and venus thanks

22/23/24th April
http://www.haberdashersarms.com/index.html
Yes, thats all locked and loaded. No more changes, just lots more details to follow.

Mel
Just Bumping the address for peeps
0 x

User avatar
hounddog
Global Moderator
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:15 pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: The BIG Meet 2016 - discussion post

Post by hounddog » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:30 am

DECKCHAIRS - At these meets it is always good to have plenty of chairs .

If you are arriving on 4 wheels can you all if possible bring at least a couple of fold up deckchairs , just to make sure the 2 wheel arrivals have somewhere to sit .

Thank you
0 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests