alternative chain adjuster

An area for our suppliers to tell us about new products/ offers or trading news.
Raglan Bach

Re: alternative chain adjuster

Post by Raglan Bach » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Very funny zip tie
0 x

mt bandit

Post by mt bandit » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:19 pm

yer very good
0 x
Armstrong 600
500 outfit

Spiritrider

Post by Spiritrider » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:14 pm

ADVICE PLEASE!!!

My chain snapped, must have been the original link. Anyway I found a spare link in my tool box but for love or money I cannot get the link plate or whatever it's called to fit the link pins (too wide or plate holes too narrow). I must admit I tried drilling the two holes a taj wider but my drill bits wouldn't touch it.

Not sure if it's the 102 or 104 but I bought the chain and sprocket set for the 350 from Sportax, no problems originally putting it together. Not sure what to order now.

I'll await your advice but will check out what links there are.

Cheers all.

Keith
0 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Not all split links are the same. Different size ones for o ring and standard chains for a start. You need the split pin that matches your chain.
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:29 am

Spiritrider wrote:ADVICE PLEASE!!!

My chain snapped, must have been the original link. Anyway I found a spare link in my tool box but for love or money I cannot get the link plate or whatever it's called to fit the link pins (too wide or plate holes too narrow). I must admit I tried drilling the two holes a taj wider but my drill bits wouldn't touch it.

Not sure if it's the 102 or 104 but I bought the chain and sprocket set for the 350 from Sportax, no problems originally putting it together. Not sure what to order now.

I'll await your advice but will check out what links there are.

Cheers all.

Keith
Hi Keith,

Yours would have been 102 links, I'll check what make it was and send you another link. Some chains have a choice in the kit of rivet link or split link. If you used the split link the circlip open end has to face backwards when on top of swing arm to prevent it being knocked off as it rotates..

Hope that helps..
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Spiritrider

Post by Spiritrider » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Yep did that, made sure I got that round the correct way. Maybe just a fluke it broke though strange thing was I only noticed it on the drive the next day. So must have just been hanging on until the end of my journey, Yipes!!

Have sent you a PM

ATB

K
0 x