Shoe relining

An area for our suppliers to tell us about new products/ offers or trading news.
Bonnielad
Global Moderator

Shoe relining

Post by Bonnielad » Thu May 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Gentlemen,
I should like to recommend a company to reline brake shoes. They are Saftek in Cleckheaton near Bradford. I used them years ago when I used to get my hands dirty for a living. I phoned them last week to ask about relining my front shoes in a soft grippy material. They told me we could do everything by post with a 2-day turn-round. Price including postage and VAT would be £32.
I posted the shoes in a jiffy bag on Tuesday afternoon along with a cheque for the said £32. What a pleasant surprise to find them on my doormat today!... 2 days including the postman!
The price is roughly the same as a new pair but I'm happy that I got the softer material for the extra bite. I suppose the quality will become apparent in the Yorkshire Dales.
if anyone wants the contact details:
Saftek Ltd
Rawfolds Ind. Est.
Bradford Road
Cleckheaton.
BD19 5LT
01274 862666

0 x
1985 Armstrong MT500 ('Modernised') now L.R. Green.
1964 Triumph Tiger Cub TR20 Trials Works Replica
2019 Honda CB500X

surfermick

Re: Shoe relining

Post by surfermick » Thu May 08, 2014 5:08 pm

are these front shoes Bonnie? keen to hear what they perform like :idea: :idea: its a good way of recycling too. price wise its about the same as buying new with postage as you say.
0 x

Bonnielad
Global Moderator

Post by Bonnielad » Thu May 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Yes Mick, they are the front ones. It will be interesting to compare with the original linings. I have no idea how old they were but I thought they looked OK with plenty of meat left on them, but these now look much chunkier.
I'll just have to remember an early bike lesson (when I was about 6 ), my dad adjusted the rod brakes on my first bike. I had been so used to pulling the lever with all my strength that on my first time out after the repair, I braked and went straight over the bars! :oops:

Steve
0 x
1985 Armstrong MT500 ('Modernised') now L.R. Green.
1964 Triumph Tiger Cub TR20 Trials Works Replica
2019 Honda CB500X

hounddog
Global Moderator

Post by hounddog » Fri May 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Thanks for sharing with us, a useful service supplier to be aware of
0 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

surfermick

Post by surfermick » Fri May 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Bonnielad wrote:Yes Mick, they are the front ones. It will be interesting to compare with the original linings. I have no idea how old they were but I thought they looked OK with plenty of meat left on them, but these now look much chunkier.
I'll just have to remember an early bike lesson (when I was about 6 ), my dad adjusted the rod brakes on my first bike. I had been so used to pulling the lever with all my strength that on my first time out after the repair, I braked and went straight over the bars! :oops:

Steve
if that happens on the mt500 it will be a first :lol:
0 x