new member to this group, but not new to rotax and armstrong, or aprilia.- Engine Wanted

Any MT parts
jrr650

new member to this group, but not new to rotax and armstrong, or aprilia.- Engine Wanted

Post by jrr650 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:58 pm

I have a a aprilia pegaso 600 ga 1991, one of the last one that was made with the old aircooled 604 rotax engine,and i also got a pegaso 1992 with the new 652 liquid cooled ,5 valve engine, have used a lot of time on both to get them back into the former splender shape , none of tghem are bad but the 91 is a litle ,oil swetting, not been taken care of the way it should by previous owner, the years before I got it was a rough time, when I bought the bike, I aked him what the km for the last oil change was, he said never had changed theoil, ,than I asked ,what about filter , no I dint think there is such a oil filter on these?? was the answer i got, and he had been the bikes owner for nearly the 10 last years, so the last decade the engine oil had not been checked,changed, or engine had new filter, same with the fuel syatem , not many days after i had bought it a major fuel leak, due to disolved rubber hoses from tank to carburator, I cuted the hose in half and added a fuel filter between the tank and carburator, just bto catch any ,dirt in the fuel tank, the petcock was clogged to another world had to ,turn and bend and really mess a lott before the fuel started to flow , but as sonn as it sterted it stoped, so no thing to do, other than new petcock, fuel hose, filters, clean the carb and buy a rubber oring kit and gasket kit foir the carb,
after i had done that the bike really inproved to the better, runns nice and got alot of power, but I am concerned to take thuis engine on longer trips to ex africa, or in truogh russia, and eastwrd trough the grat stepps of the east, been to many years neglegted and forgoten all service, runs great now but need a full bearing , overhaul , just bought all bearings to gear and cranck, and all the gaskets, new cam belt. every screws ,and gonna take the engine inside to my washroom in my house and overhaul it there, got all i need of tools , air compressor, air opertated ,to get the big nuts free, momnent spanners, and a. great work table with good lights and workshop manuals and workshop parts books. so than I can trust thge engine, the bike looks great, in black original colour, , and the red aprilia logo, with the yellow agip decals,and the michelin man below al dcals as new, the seat is just got new ,seatcover, not in sky but thin real leather, looks awsome. and the eletrical wirings are new,I make wirings harnesses my self have done some for cagiva ,ducati and now aprilia, , ( discovered that the najoir reason for fauls and none working eletrical issues was the corroding between wire and the conecting points, connectershoes, always solder these , atherwis teh harness will be troubly in some years, due to coroded points in the plugs, helps sometimes to wd 40 it , helps for an hour or so , than back to .no conection , in wiring harnesses that are in water and in conditions as the swamps, and , deserts. snow one day, at 5000 m over the sea, next day , maybe halway submerged in the sea at -0.5( a half meter in minus) m height, just under the water before it have to ,get onto the roads, water,sand 0-7000m height , some desert som as humidt as the sea it self almost, trough the hard part of the routes an adventure bike is traveling with its owner, after a decade in , house arrest at the home island of Tysnes, newer ,serviced never on any trip, the most it ran the 8-9 yrs here was 15 km on two days, been left outside summer as winter, in 10-15 years and crasiest of all the 8-10 last yrs never had oil checked, changed, no filter, no service no , maintnce at all, both tires was onto the cotton treads in the midle of the tire track when i got it.

so the 1991 pegaso 600 have been neglegted and forgot in the cold outside to rust and rott, in the worst thinkable way , but now an half year later lokks great, rides great , I have done 3 filter and oil changes on the last 5000km , so ,i hope to get most of the slubge and ,hopfully the oilpumps is not damaged,but startes every morning, cold or warm , runs great, a litle rich ,so it thirsty, but no bogging runs great on idle , ,8never done that until the last 3 weeks, idle was a no issue, didnt run if you let the rpm below 2000, so than it just bogged or died, really bad in city traffick, with rush and .a lott of redlight ,stop and go driving, just had to wait in the ditch,and start it up, try to get it into gear and go .witout crushing it and hopfully you had enough battery for all the starts during a dayn like that, 15-20 starts uses some battery, is only a std lead batt ,on12v, 14 ah, and you all know how the rotax 604 is to push start in gear. alone on a flat road,no start, doesnt happen before you have found a way to charge the batt. but now afte the wiring and carb rebuild it runs clean down to 15-1600 rpm , perfect when cold and just as sperb when warm, ,so I have desided to use the summer and the autumn to overhaul the gear, engine, bearings, all as a new engine,
so hope it will give back the love it have recived lately,

But the most importent quesation is, DO ANYONE THAT READS THIS FORUM, HAVE AN USED ROTAX 550-604 , I CAN BUY FROM THEM, DOES ONLY NEED TO RUN ,JUST NEED IT AS A REPLASE ENGINE ON THE PEGGY UNTIL YHE ORGINAL ENINGE IS COMPLKETED, WOULD , PAY WELL FOR A GOOD RUNNING , OK . DOSENT NEED TO BE PERFECT, I HAVE CARBURATOR AND EXHASUT SELVES, NEED JUST THE ENGINE, WITH CYL AND TOP AND PREFARLY ALL THE LEVERS AS WELL, CICK,GEAR,ANDTHE CLUTCHLEVER TO, CAN PAY 700-1000 POUNDS, FOR AN ROTAX 500 /604 ENGINE IN GOOD WORKING SHAPE, BUT IT MUST ALSO BEE SENT TO ME HERE IN NORWAY, CAN PAY UP TO 200-300 POUNDS IN SHIPPING FOR THE ENGINE AS WELL.

can also use an rotax 350/348 , BUT WONT PAY MORE THAN 5- 600 pounds FOR A WORKING 350 ROTAX /SAME .when its comes to shipping can pay 200 pounds in freight , so if someone can sell me an engine, and know a good way to send it , to me please , write me, i have the money to buy the engine but here i north ,no engin e is to be found to buy, DOESNT NEED THE CARB OR ELETRICAL JUST ENGINE. block , with working gear, and cyl and cylhead,please write me a line if you have an 350/500/ or 604 rotax engine i can buy to use as aspare in the pagaso as mine beeing ovehauled. will also overhaul yhis engine after use and keep it as an spare engine, its always good to hav an ekstra engine, especsaly when its it just overhauld and runs as new,
best regards
jim rune reiten
teiglandsveien 134
N-5680 Tysnes
norway
1 x

hounddog
Global Moderator

Re: new member to this group, but not new to rotax and armstrong, or aprilia.

Post by hounddog » Sun May 12, 2019 6:49 pm

In the politest possible way , we are the " MT Riders Club ", so our members are admitted as either Armstrong MT or Harley MT riders . I regret in order to retain our club identity we are unable to expand our club to cover Rotax engine owners of other makes of bike . Hope you understand our position thank you

I have moved this to our wanted section and will leave there for this week as you have clearly spent a lot of time on this post
3 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

appyarry

Re: new member to this group, but not new to rotax and armstrong, or aprilia.- Engine Wanted

Post by appyarry » Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 am

Hi Jim,
I have a good 350 engine for sale. I will pm you.
Will you be doing a blog of your travels. I like to see what people get up to and how they manage on extended expeditions, it gives me inspiration.

Ta,
0 x
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

Minter

Re: new member to this group, but not new to rotax and armstrong, or aprilia.- Engine Wanted

Post by Minter » Tue May 14, 2019 6:49 am

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum, we have a very nice 604 race engine which will be coming up for sale real soon but it will probably be way over your budget.

We repair these engines for our living..

Check out our website and Sportax Racing FB page or give us a call and we will see if we can help..

Gary
Sportax Racing
0044 1952 850802
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

imthetourguy

Post by imthetourguy » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 am

tjena Jim,

Jag har en i Sverige som är till salu. Jag skickar dig en pm med detaljerna. Det går att lösa :)

Allt gott,

/Jonnie
1 x
Armstrong MT500 (Sand, MT350 front end)
Armstrong MT500 (in a box)
Armstrong MT500 (also in a box)