Re: Big Tank

Post by paulfrench » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:09 pm

mt bandit wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:08 pm
lardmarc wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:29 pm
https://www.forcemotorcycles.com/collec ... k-mt500-uk

Proper colour for the Armstrong.
he has one on ebay for £295 , I cant believe its still there really ,, mind you why would you buy it when you could weld a load of baked bean cans together eh !
I can't weld.
0 x

paulfrench

Post by paulfrench » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks for all your considered and helpful replies. I'm planning on riding through France, Italy, Sicily crossing to Tunisia to do a bit of Sahara-lite riding before going on to Algeria and Via Spain to Morocco for some more authentic piste riding. I reckon I'll be glad of a long-distance tank.I'm counting on a total of about 8000 miles over four months. I was hoping for something a bit less than £323 inc vat for a tank as my restoration budget has already reached near HS2 proportions. I can't weld either. But if that's all that's out there for now...at least I've got five more months of prep-time not to mention taxi-driving time to find something and earn the money to buy it.I'll just have to cut back on the mint teas when I'm out there.
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:28 am

paulfrench wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:20 pm
Thanks for all your considered and helpful replies. I'm planning on riding through France, Italy, Sicily crossing to Tunisia to do a bit of Sahara-lite riding before going on to Algeria and Via Spain to Morocco for some more authentic piste riding. I reckon I'll be glad of a long-distance tank.I'm counting on a total of about 8000 miles over four months. I was hoping for something a bit less than £323 inc vat for a tank as my restoration budget has already reached near HS2 proportions. I can't weld either. But if that's all that's out there for now...at least I've got five more months of prep-time not to mention taxi-driving time to find something and earn the money to buy it.I'll just have to cut back on the mint teas when I'm out there.
I've one left in stock, shan't be restocking these anymore as no longer popular and need to streamline our stock holdings, give us a call at Sportax Paul and I'll do you a special price to get rid of it.. Or pop in and I'll fit it for free for you..
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

paulfrench

Post by paulfrench » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi all, Looks like I'm sorted, thanks to Minter. Thanks for all the sage advice. Will keep y'all posted on progress and preparations,
0 x