Page 1 of 1

new member

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:11 pm
by Bilbo
can someone help me
What is MOT?

does anyone have a Certificate of compliance from Harley Davidson, they won't write me one for the MT 350 was made for Export to the U.K.

Re: new member

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:00 pm
by Derrick
MoT stands for Ministry of Transport, and is used now to refer to an annual mechanical check all UK road vehicles have to have after they are 3 years old.

The problem prospective US owners have had is the H-D will not issue the C of C, as you said, all the MT350s were made for export to the Briticsh Army.

In the UK we use an Army Form with the vehicle details (including entry into service) as proof of the vehicles history when it's registered, so it is effectively 2nd hand.

It is possilbe to get a print out of the Military record of the vehicle from the Army records (see the FAQs), the problem you may have is there is no new civilian version of the MT350.