Chelsea Tractors - gas guzzlers all is forgiven

A place for you Landy'ers to converse without boring the rest of us (wink!)
TDIPower

Re: Chelsea Tractors - gas guzzlers all is forgiven

Post by TDIPower » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 am

VTRALLAN wrote:I have a 1960 series 2 88" landy which is off the road for painting so it was sat up in all the snow :( :( :(
your Avatar sums ths one up!!!

Pete
0 x
MT350

mick

Post by mick » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Lot of b******s on TV regarding district nurses etc. being saved by landy owners (much as I regard lightweights). I recall using a DT175MX for visists as a nurse in North Yorks with great delight. Look forward to using the MT similarly one day.
0 x

digger

Post by digger » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:43 pm

[quote="Minivin"]Aiy, parabolics are the way to go

I,ve got parabolics on my MGB, I dont think they have improved its hillclimbing abilities though ;) ;) ;) .
Fond memories of a lwb that I used as a plant fitter many moons ago. :) :) :)
0 x
When you grow up you grow old. Top tip, " never grow up"

MT 500 "Inky" (short for incontinent), not now Minter,s sorted it :D :D
1936 Bsa R4
1961 Triumph Trophy
1966 Norton N15CS
1971 Laverda SF

TDIPower

Post by TDIPower » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

i remember when I went from 'Toss ply' tyres to radials on the LtWt, first round about i took my normal line, got ready for the back end to break out... nearly crapped myself I thought it was going to roll over.. it was really odd not having break away...

When I moved up to the 110... I hated the power steering (lack of feeling the road/tyre contact feed back) I really thought it was going to fall over when I went round a round about!!

When I was in mountain rescue we used to have a S3 Station wagon.. hop up onto the roof to load up the gear walk around on the rack no worries. When we moved to 110 CSW's hopped up top to load up.. walked to the edge and nearly fell off the whole thing just rolled over (flipping week springed because of the fancy self leveling unit).

One thing is for sure its like the MT's they are like marmite, love em or hate em... they stay in your blood!!!

Pete
0 x
MT350