My new MT350 t-shirt.

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
Arthur_Dent

My new MT350 t-shirt.

Post by Arthur_Dent » Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi,
Treated myself to a new t-shirt today. Re-drew the MT350 outline from the parts manual and got it printed up.

I thought it only appropriate that I should ride down on said MT350 to collect it and broke down on a dual carriageway. Gave up cajoling, swearing, kicking after a while and called out the AA. Ended up drookit and depressed. It had just come back from its MOT. Somebody somewhere is trying to tell me something.

Anyway, warm and dry now. I have a nice pic of the t-shirt - if I can figure out somewhere to put it online, I will put in a link.

Cheers,
AD
0 x
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."

MT350e

Wirralman

Re: My new MT350 t-shirt.

Post by Wirralman » Fri May 31, 2019 3:27 pm

A number 29 shirt, they're quite popular !

It'll probably be something simple, like the MOT man tested your kill switch but didn't put it back properly

Check out the basic things first, fuel ? , spark ? Some owners have spent hours scratching their heads looking for ' the complicated problem' only to find that it was something simple

If you want to post a problem, give the full history at the outset, all too often problems have been posted giving half of the story, the full background only being mentioned in passing many posts later
0 x

Arthur_Dent

Post by Arthur_Dent » Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm

Ah. A nice friend let me put it on their site. Here is its in all it's glory:

0 x
"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of."

MT350e

Arthur_Dent

Post by Arthur_Dent » Fri May 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Thanks Wirralman,
I had checked the fuel was getting through (I have previously had a problem with the float in the carb), all the switches were in the right place, the tube from the airbox to the carb was in place (I have had this come off slightly - took me forever to figure out). That is about the extent I get to before resorting to foul language and physical abuse.

Mr AA took out the spark (I had left the toolkit at home!), dried and cleaned it off and adjusted the gap slightly and that seemed to do the trick.

I will take it out this weekend for a proper shakedown when I don't actually have to get somewhere.

Cheers,
AD
0 x

MT350e

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Fri May 31, 2019 8:58 pm

Glad your engine is now running
Unusual for a plug gap to change suddenly from working to failing. I have had the plug lead insulation crack but renewed it before anything failed.

In heavy rain I've had no spark on more than one occasion- resolved roadside with the WD40 from my toolbox.

The topic has been discussed here and some people swear by ACF-80 (may not be the exact name ? )
0 x

Carlos

Post by Carlos » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:25 pm

I like this T shirt how do I get one. Need a big clear logo pic like this to get a t shirt or 2 made.
0 x