20 gallon paraffin washer

A place to chat/ ask about tool, fitting out your workshop etc etc
Mr Shiney

Re: 20 gallon paraffin washer

Post by Mr Shiney » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Don't you have a paraffin gun? I have one that runs on the compressor. You stick a litre of paraffin or other degreaser in and blast away. I use a big plastic tub to stand whatever I am blasting in so I can recycle the cleaner.
0 x

vic

Post by vic » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi Mr Shiney

Yes I used the paraffin gun and got good results with it. I am looking at a system I can just pick up the gun and off I go. The paraffin will be picked up from the return tank that i will filter at the bottom.

I know it sounds over the top just to wash parts, but when I am using it around 30 times over the weekend and at night after work it will be a handy bit of kit.

Vic
0 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:48 am

You are probably over engineering the solution. The tub I use collects the paraffin/Jizer under a mesh and I just pour it back in the pot. If you wanted to get clever you could remove the pot and connect a hose to the pick up and run it direct from the sump.
0 x

Derrick
Global Moderator

Post by Derrick » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:32 pm

vic wrote:Yes I used the paraffin gun and got good results with it
Are you talking about somethign like this?
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... -spray-gun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can these be used with other engine cleaners? I normally apply with an old paintbrush, but spraying on solvent would get into those small corners, particularly on the engine.
0 x
1997 HD MT350
2002 Honda Pan European 1300
2015 Honda CB500F

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Yes, I use the draper version of it but the same thing. I use Jizer with it or if really greasy use Avgas first then Jizer. By putting it in a big plastic bin I can re use it many times over.
0 x