Garage tip

A place to chat/ ask about tool, fitting out your workshop etc etc
SIMON HARTLEY

Garage tip

Post by SIMON HARTLEY » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:09 pm

I took the plunge over the August bank holiday to paint my garage walls, something I've been meaning to do for ages, transforming the dark brick walls into a bright & cheery back drop to my bikes & work bench. It makes a huge difference to working in there, I used cheap white masonry paint from Home Bargains & gave it 2 coats. It was a hell of a job moving all the stuff out to get at the walls, but, it was a great opportunity to get rid of the junk & reorganise the garage to make it a better place to spend those cold, dark winter evenings plus having sorted it I can see what I've got & where it is, I don't need to buy any WD40 for a while, I unearthed 5 part used cans & 1 new one! Total expense about Ă‚ÂŁ35 for paint, brush & masking tape.
The downside is I now need to do the floor & paint the work bench, they look scruffy against the white walls.
NB, if you do this, don't paint below the DPC if there is one, the paint will flake off eventually.
Simon
0 x

Fergie

Re: Garage tip

Post by Fergie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Well done Simon,
I've done this myself from time to time, and the effort in tidying up is well worth it.
The trouble is - it soon gets cluttered again and you're back to where you started!

John
0 x

green_machine

Post by green_machine » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 am

I repainted mine a few months ago, put up two extra strip lights as well. The garage seems to have grown in size but I still can't get another bike in :? .

Stuart
0 x

TDIPower

Post by TDIPower » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:26 am

any recommendations on floor paint?

Pete
0 x
MT350

Joth.Hill

Post by Joth.Hill » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Be careful painting the floor it can make it slippery when damp !!!!!

I have found bare concrete is best

Joth
0 x

gronk

Post by gronk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:40 pm

My garage is a tip!... :D
0 x
KEEP IT GREEN

bth2bth2

Post by bth2bth2 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:28 pm

but has constant tea on the go plus comfy chairs...so im led to believe? i right home from home :D

brian
0 x
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.............
CBR 900rrs , zrx1100.in green gone but not forgotten.....mt500 in green ,stolen and abused but still alive.......cos one day , all bikes will be this slowwwwwww

hounddog
Global Moderator

Post by hounddog » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:38 pm

I left a pile of rags in the corner of the garage once, and a hedgehog ended up hibernating in there . Only discovered it when I was having a tidy up and got a handful of sharp spines :o . I left him there he wasnt doing any harm .
0 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

SIMON HARTLEY

Post by SIMON HARTLEY » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 pm

When we repaint the floors at work we stir in some dried sand to the full paint tin to give a non-slip finish, a cupful to a 5l tin is enough. The two-pack floor paints are more wear resistant.
0 x

darren w

Post by darren w » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi guys just just got my first mt500 this morning anything i should be lookin out for on it . :)
0 x