Bike Lift Table

A place to chat/ ask about tool, fitting out your workshop etc etc
diggerdogk9

Bike Lift Table

Post by diggerdogk9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Just wondering what you folks use in the workshop for a bike lift table? Seems like theres alot of cheep n nasty (expenstive rubbish) ones out there. But on the other hand i need to watch the budget, think i might just end up making one from scratch as i dont fancy working on my knees to often

look forward to finding out everyone else thoughts, hope i havent duplcated a topic but can't find it if i have
0 x

vtrsp1da0

Re: Bike Lift Table

Post by vtrsp1da0 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

This is the one i use its a sealey but there are cheaper

0 x

diggerdogk9

Post by diggerdogk9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:01 pm

That looks like a good bit of kit i like the fact its a compact unit, whats the lift hight? if you were to say drop the oil are you still on hands n knees?

Keep em coming folks
0 x

diggerdogk9

Post by diggerdogk9 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Well ive decided, as im still looking out for another MT350 and watching pennys, to make a lift table from sratch not quite sure how it will end up, but i do have a picture in my head as i cant draw or spell for toffee ! The steel has been ordered today once i get going i will try and keep the forum updated for anyone wanting to follow.
0 x

diggerdogk9

Post by diggerdogk9 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 pm

The steel came yesterday and had a bit of a play today its starting to come together what a pleasure to weld new steel as aposed to tissue paper. However i think i might of slightly over engineered it as it weighs a bloody ton. But at least its built to last ;) Just short of a few big bolts that i forgot to pick up this morn and a bit more time i will try and post a pic soon
0 x

diggerdogk9

Post by diggerdogk9 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:48 pm

A couple of pics of the lift table just needs a lick of paint and some tie eyes welding on
0 x