Good quality compressor

A place to chat/ ask about tool, fitting out your workshop etc etc
ff1078

Good quality compressor

Post by ff1078 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Can anyone recomend a small good quality 12v compressor,it's just for blowing tubeless bike tyres up but it must be a good one. Shipping motor cycle out to Dubai and riding it back via Iran,Turkey,Bulgaria,Serbia,Kosovo,Croatia and Europe so dont want it breaking down or taking a lot of space up in the panniers.
Thanks
0 x

Englishman

Re: Good quality compressor

Post by Englishman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Do a search on Ring Automotive RAC900 Heavy Duty Air Compressor and Accessories Inc Storage Bag or motorbike air compressor. I had one of these and they are brilliant but they are quite expensive. I got mine from Amazon and you can read lots of user reviews as well. Might be a little too big for you maybe.
Last edited by Englishman on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

freddy54

Post by freddy54 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 pm

for a long time I used one ripped out of the back of one of those "car booster" packs , no big casing just the metal unit

had a guage built in , I just soldered a few mtrs of wire to it and 2 croc clips

easyer if you clip to "a passing car"

you can take the guage off and connect the pipe and use your own guage , not nuch bigger than a pair of socks stuffed in themselves
0 x

ff1078

Post by ff1078 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks,RAC900 ordered
0 x

ZIP TIE
Location: unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by ZIP TIE » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Now new cars don't come with a spare tyre (what a fecking stupid idea! :roll: ) it's worth looking in the scrap yard or on eBay for the tyre inflators they stick in the boot instead which comprise of a compressor often with a can of sealant that can be screwed into them.
0 x