Parts Washer & Fluid

A place to chat/ ask about tool, fitting out your workshop etc etc
sapper

Re: Parts Washer & Fluid

Post by sapper » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:58 am

same as Vic I got mine from JTF ...... if there isn't one near you I can pick one up and try and get it down to you if you're not in too much of a hurry or get it couriered but that would naturally cost more.

REgards

Chris.
0 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:49 am

sapper wrote:same as Vic I got mine from JTF ...... if there isn't one near you I can pick one up and try and get it down to you if you're not in too much of a hurry or get it couriered but that would naturally cost more.

REgards

Chris.
Thanks Chris, that's very kind and a cunning plan! That's a hell of a price difference from machine mart. My local hardware shop sells an identical one at £118!!
0 x

TDIPower

Post by TDIPower » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:40 pm

from the instructions for the parts wash....

DO NOT fill with flammable solvents such as paraffin, thinners, etc.

The last lot of parts wash fluid that I got from MM has (having just drained it) Stripped the paint off the inside.

For doing bike stuff its an OK size, if you want to do anything bigger like a landrover wheel hub it will JUST manage it but doesnt really have the weight to stop it moving about.

Pete
0 x
MT350

sapper

Post by sapper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:48 am

Mr Shiney wrote:
sapper wrote:same as Vic I got mine from JTF ...... if there isn't one near you I can pick one up and try and get it down to you if you're not in too much of a hurry or get it couriered but that would naturally cost more.

REgards

Chris.
Thanks Chris, that's very kind and a cunning plan! That's a hell of a price difference from machine mart. My local hardware shop sells an identical one at £118!!
I believe the one Vic has is the same as mine as I also paid £19 for it.... it is about the same size as a belfast sink but they do another which is about half the size of a bath - all dimensions approx!!!
I will visit the local JTF to price up both sizes (and get some more accurate measurements)
Regards
Chris
0 x

vic

Post by vic » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Chris

I am sure they are now £24.99 Plus the Vat unless I was looking at a larger tank

The one we have are 3 gallon, and they are a paraffin washer look under the lid

I do have one somewhere in the lock up for sale at £19.99 plus Vat still boxed unused, the postage is around £5.80 to post.

For £30.00 you can get one off that site I cannot mention, how good they are???????? Don’t know

Vic

0 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Decision has been made for me. My friend whom I am doing the current project for pitched up with the Clarke washer and 10l of Jizer as a Christmas present!!! I have put it to good use already. The Jizer is amazing for cleaning. I use a stuff paint brush and flow from the parts washer and stuff is coming up lovely. Very happy!!!

It joins the ultrasonic cleaner.

0 x

vic

Post by vic » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi all

I received the new JTF mailer today inside is a loose sales sheet showing the 3.5 gallon parts washer at £20 plus vat and the larger 20 gallon one on legs for £40 plus vat. 80amp arc welder £25

I might get the 30 wall mounted parts bins for £9.99

Below is the JTF site, I cannot see the sales sheet I received but they will be in store if there is any left

http://www.jtfmegadiscountwarehouse.co. ... ailer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vic
0 x

ellrider

Post by ellrider » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:11 am

vic wrote: I am using them tooth brush size nylon and copper wire brushes to scrub with.

Vic
Make sure you get right down behind the 4skin.
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

Roey

Post by Roey » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:37 am

ellrider wrote:
Make sure you get right down behind the 4skin.
Of course, that's only if you still have one! ;)
0 x
No problem, thank you

vic

Post by vic » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Mark

I use a yard brush for that job :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vic
0 x