Posting Pics Tutorial

As it says on the tin
Daj

Posting Pics Tutorial

Post by Daj » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Posting photos on the forum is relatively straight forward. Potentially the most difficult part is getting the photo to the right size. The forum can only accept photos of a certain size and so reducing your photos to an acceptable size is key to posting photos.

You can either resize a photo by using photo editing software like Photoshop or even Windows Paint (although it is clunky).

Another simple way to resize photos is to use a website like the ones listed below.

http://www.photosize.com/

http://www.picresize.com/

http://www.resizr.com/

They all do basically the same thing, that is take a picture stored on your hard drive that you select and change that picture to a size you specify. They all have slightly different ways of doing it so pick a site and follow the instructions. The important thing is to ensure the correct size is chosen.

Whilst the forum can accept larger pictures, a good size is 640 pixels by 480 pixels.

Once you have resized your picture you can attach it to your post.
  • Underneath the box where you enter the text of your post is a section called upload attachment.
    Browse1[1].jpg
    Browse1[1].jpg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
  • Click on Browse to open a window that will allow you to search for the photo you want to upload.
    Browse 2[1].jpg
    Browse 2[1].jpg (32.66 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
  • Then click on Open. The location and name of your photo should appear in the filename box.
  • If you are happy with it click on Add the file. Keep doing this until you have added all the pics you want.
  • Next to the attachments section there is a little box that says "Place in Line". If you want your pictures in a particular place in your post, click on this.
    browse 3[1].jpg
    browse 3[1].jpg (11.92 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
  • Keep your eyes peeled because a line of code appears in your text box at the point of your cursor. This shows you where your picture will be. If you don't like the position of you pic there cut and paste the line to where you want it.
  • Click on preview to have a look at your post before it goes live. If you're happy click on submit.
Daj
Last edited by Daj on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
-----------------------------------------------------
Trying to find my own a*** with both hands
MT500e

TheEnglishman

Re: Posting Pics Tutorial

Post by TheEnglishman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Is Bunker happy with loading the site with photos?

I'm acutely aware of hosting costs and wouldn't want him lumped with a bigger web hosting bill 'cos there's loads of photos being stored/downloaded.

Personally, I post photos on dedicated photo hosting sites (Flickr etc) and link to them with the IMG tag - everyone gets to see the pics, but bunker doesn't pay for the hosting/bandwidth allocation.

Unless Bunker's like the owner of ADVRider and he's so rich he doesn't care??? :lol:
0 x

Bunker
Site Admin

Post by Bunker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks buddy but I posted the above on behalf of Daj, Im cool with te attachments and frankly, everybodies contributions pay for the hosting anyway. The tutorial is really for those who perhaps wouldnt know how to use a photobucket or Flickr site. Thanks for your comments but all is fine.
Bunker
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

nico

Post by nico » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Cheers Bunker, Will let the good lady read your tutorial hopefuly she will pick it up slightly faster than the plank of wood she married :lol: :lol:
nico.
0 x

Bunker
Site Admin

Post by Bunker » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Cheers Bunker
all credit to Daj
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Daj

Post by Daj » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Bunker wrote:
Cheers Bunker
all credit to Daj
Only if its of use though ok?

If its not, some other Daj did it :D

Daj
0 x
Trying to find my own a*** with both hands
MT500e

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:06 am

I don't know another daj
0 x

worz

Post by worz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:05 pm

I've just got a new laptop so I'm not sure if that is the problem but when I try to upload some photo's they come out upside down does anyone know why.
0 x
MT604 Armstrong.
MT350 off roader.
MT500 Project ??

Roey

Post by Roey » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:52 pm

worz wrote:I've just got a new laptop so I'm not sure if that is the problem but when I try to upload some photo's they come out upside down does anyone know why.

Turn your laptop the other way round ;)
0 x
No problem, thank you

ellrider

Post by ellrider » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:05 pm

worz wrote:I've just got a new laptop so I'm not sure if that is the problem but when I try to upload some photo's they come out upside down does anyone know why.
Because you're a twat. :D
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!