The right bike

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
snap1

The right bike

Post by snap1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Good evening, I’ve been looking to return to trail riding and have a passion for working on bikes. I’ve been looking for a while for a model that’s capable off road and fun to tinker with.

I come across the MT350 and believe it ticks all the boxes. I just need to find one now!

I look forward to reviewing posts on maintenance, improvements and rides.

Thanks,

Paul
0 x

Wirralman

Re: The right bike

Post by Wirralman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Welcome to the forum

An MT350 is a General Purpose bike, excelling at nothing but able to do everything (ish)

It can be maintained easily and a variety of upgrades are available. The design is quite old now but it is rugged. Well maintained it will give good service, poorly maintained it will break down.

There are lots of meeting and ride outs where you will be warmly welcomed

Put a post in the Wanted section and keep an eye on the Sales section. See if there is anyone local to you who will show you around their bike

Good luck in your search
0 x

snap1

Post by snap1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks for the great advice!

I'm very interested in traveling to far reach countries. From what I read on another post it looks like some forum member's have done this. So I'll seek advice at a later stage once I have a bike and ensure its mechanically sound.

It's actually me and a good friend who are looking to get a pair of MT350's. So we will have a great time learning every but and bolt!

Cheers

Paul
0 x

P.I.STAKER

Post by P.I.STAKER » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum

A good choice of bike

https://sites.google.com/site/gvsparts/
0 x
ARMSTRONG MT500 1984
BMW R1100S

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:50 pm

One owner bought his bike and shortly afterwards rode two-up Wales to Moscow and back. He mentioned afterwards that he wished that he had had more time to go through his bike before the trip. That said, he returned to base after a 6000 mile adventure. Others have returned courtesy of a recovery service

As with all things Caveat Emptor ( Buyer Beware) Good luck
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:26 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with your search, hopefully see you and your mate at the weekend ride outs that members organise..

Gary
Sportax Racing
01952 850802
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:57 pm