Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
mshaw

Post by mshaw » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:54 am

Hi, New member just started restoring an MT500. Anyone have the engine special tools they want to part with? M.
0 x

12royal

Re: New Member

Post by 12royal » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello and warm welcome to the forum,
Which bit of Blighty are you based, there are tools available to borrow from forum members. I'm in the midlands (long eaton ) and have a bottom timing belt puller and a camshaft drive puller to lend if it will help.
Regards, Alan
0 x
MT350

mshaw

Post by mshaw » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi Alan, I'm down in Somerset, cider country, south of Bristol. Thanks for the offer, the bottom timing belt pulley is off, I made a tool to extract the top pulley but not planning on extracting the cam. I've ordered up a flywheel extractor, as its a common size to other makes and models, and cheaper to buy than make my own, I was thinking more of crankcase or crankshaft pullers, but the motor seems to come apart relatively easily (apart from the rusted studs!). The rebuild was prompted by a lack of compression due to worn out bore and rings. Corrosion in the flywheel section and crud in the bottom of the motor prompted a full rebuild. Hopefully I won't need too many parts, some engine parts seem a bit scarce.

Regards Malcolm
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi Malcolm, welcome to the forum..

We have the special tools in our shop.. We used to rent them but never got them back!

Enjoy your engine rebuild, if you need extra umph we do 555cc upgrade kits, 500 oversize slipper pistons, cams, carbs and silencers..

Gary
Sportax Racing
01952 850802
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

mshaw

Post by mshaw » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks Gary, I had seen your website and no doubt will be in touch sometime.

I will enjoy this engine rebuild better than the rotax powered BMW twins, they are a nightmare.

Malcolm.
1 x